The AHS Community Leadership Award recognizes people of Asian descent for their roles as community leaders and active volunteers in their communities. This leadership may be demonstrated in a variety of ways, through both formal and informal roles, including appointed, elected, or volunteer positions.
Awards will be made at the discretion of AHS.
Anyone may submit a nomination for the Community Leadership Award with the nominee’s permission. Self-nominations are also accepted. Nominations must clearly document why the candidate should be considered for this award. All nominations must contain sufficient information to inform the selection process without additional research.
The nomination must include:
- Resume – Include with the nomination the candidate’s resume to provide the selection committee with a more comprehensive overview of the candidate’s accomplishments and experiences.
- Description of how the candidate fulfills the criteria described under the “Guidelines and Eligibility” section for this award; and
- Photograph of the nominee.
Guidelines and Eligibility
Nominees must be of Asian descent and must be or have been contributing members of their communities, having demonstrated exemplar leadership in community volunteerism, with the following objectives:
- To bring together members of the Asian Canadian communities in Manitoba to participate in projects to celebrate Asian Heritage;
- To acknowledge the contributions of Asian Canadians to Canadian society through their films, arts, culture and heritage;
- To share the Asian Canadian arts, culture, films, cuisine, faiths and spirituality with Manitobans;
- To develop cultural identity among Canadian Asian youths through the generations.
- To forge a working partnership between all Asian cultures in Manitoba; and
- To foster greater understanding and appreciation of Asian culture within the Canadian mosaic
Nominees can be individuals or organizations.
Submit your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2019.
DOWNLOAD NOMINATION FORM
(download form, fill out, save, and email along with other nomination requests—resume, description, photo)
Printer Friendly Memo